Saad Pervez

Concrete Exposed to Weather

2 posts in this topic

Concrete on the building exterior treated to an exterior finish e.g. paint is classified as concrete exposed to weather or not?

I am facing this problem in placing the reinforcement, the exterior will be painted and weather protected, should I follow the cover requirements of concrete exposed to weather or not?

cover requirements are necessary. in case of paints it needs proper mentainance on the basis of define mentainance model otherwise weather impacts like carbonation (due to increasing content of CO2 in air) , chloride attack can cause corrosion of steel. Concrete Cover is the first defence line to prevent corrosion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By groszni awesome
      Assalamualaikum SE pakistan
      in general placement of rebar, i always see that the rebars set on the same spacing. These are 2 columns they have the same ratio of reinforcement, same dimentions, but the placement of rebar about 2 axis the A one has larger d than the B one and according to calculation its obvious that the A one gives the larger moment resistance(M3) , which one give the best overall resistance i mean not only the moment resistance but to overall ? the A one or B one?
      Regards

• By groszni awesome
      hello sepakistan
      does anybody have an worked example/design guide on how to design an achorage of steel beam to concrete column?
      thanks
    • By The Architect
      Can the slab bottom reinforcement pass below inverted beam bottom reinforcement?
      Otherwise the slab bottom reinforcement mesh will be lifted up atleast 2.5", thus reducing the design effective depth.