4 posts in this topic

As you know, we are forced to convert the ETABS results to executive drawings. This is a time consuming job. Is there any software that accept ETABS outputs and generate drawings? Specially for a reinforced concrete structure.

Posted (edited)

ETABS has a built in detailing feature. 

https://www.csiamerica.com/products/etabs/features

Here are a few others.

https://www.s-cube.in/ProductRCDC.aspx

http://www.farasaeg.ir/etabsmate_en.htm

http://zaxises.com/rcbeamdetailer.htm

I have personally tried none of these so can't give you any expert advise about specific softwares.

Edited by Ayesha

On 1/7/2017 at 1:44 AM, Mehdi_ said:

As you know, we are forced to convert the ETABS results to executive drawings. This is a time consuming job. Is there any software that accept ETABS outputs and generate drawings? Specially for a reinforced concrete structure.

I think with Autocad Structure Detailing(now discontinued by autodesk last version was 2015) you can save a lot of time. I don't know if it accepts ETABS results but yes you can easily draw structural details and also get quantity of reinforcement. Also you can use Revit if you have already created your model in it. Hope that helps.

On 1/7/2017 at 0:59 AM, Mehdi_ said:

CSI SAFE also has a Detailer. You may export ETABS results to SAFE and using the commands available under its 'Detailing' menu option, it will prepare structural drawings for you. You may give it a try to see whether it fulfills your requirements or not.

Regards.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Waqas Haider
      Assalam o alaikum,
      I am having a building with a semi circle shape. None of the footing is either parallel to global X-axis nor to the global Y-axis. The plan of footings is attached. The problem I am facing is, ETABS reports joint reactions along global X-axis and global Y-axis instead of along the local axes of column. Since my columns are at a degree to global axis, the joint reactions also becomes at a degree from column and footing. Since to use simple combined stress formula of 
      stress = P/A + Mx*Y/Ix + My*X/Iy 
      I need forces along axis of footing. Or i will have to resolve either moment of inertia of footing along direction of forces or vice versa, which is quite tough and time taking. The other option I can go for is to design footing in SAFE. But again here, there i dont find any option to rotate footing at a certain degree to match orientation of columns. If i rotate local axis of footing, It only rotates its local axes and meshing but not the footing physically itself. The orientation of footing remains same. How can i solve this problem? Either having reactions in etabs along local axes of columns can solve my issue so that i can design it manually or rotating footing in safe to match local axes of columns can solve my issue. So can any one guide me how to do either option? Thanks.
    • By groszni awesome
      Assalamualaikum SE Pakistan, im about to design a retaining wall and would like to know is there any option/ is it possible to apply a triangular load on shells/paltes/membrane? or im just gonna model it as a 2D thing?
      regards
    • By Ussama Waseem
      Attached are two screenshots of the analysis of a continuous beam. One represents drop of loads from slabs with incorrect meshing(Auto meshing) and the other represents with correct meshing(manual meshing). Apparently, there is a big difference in the analysis results of the two mentioned by the circles. I posted it here to get further elaborations from the members to understand ETABS in a better way. Hope we can dig it more.