• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Similar Content

• By UmarMakhzumi
      Dear All,
      I have just finished modifying a bunch of stuff related to member roles and I am very excited to announce it.
      There are some new member roles that have been created:
      1) SEFP Associate
      As you know that I have been requesting help with a number of stuff on SEFP and there are very generous people who have volunteered. To recognize their effort, I have created this role. An example is @Saad Pervez, who is doing an excellent job running our Social Media pages. From now onwards, you will find him assigned to SEFP Associates. Thanks Saad for your help.
      2) SEFP Contributor
      There are a few members who have been with us through thick and thin. Because, they have regularly answered questions and contributed to forum by not only providing information but their engineering judgement, this role has been created in recognition of their efforts.  @Ayesha has been assigned to this and we look forward to add more members to their club.
      3) SEFP VIP
      @EngrUzair deserves this without any question. He is the most senior member of the forum providing invaluable support. Not only this but he has also been a teacher at our beloved Alma Mater. I have created this category in recognition to his efforts.  We "might" be adding very few people to this role in upcoming years.
      4) Moderators and Super Moderators
      Our current staff consists of @waqar saleem, @Rana and @BAZ. @Rana and @BAZ have global moderation over the forum and @waqar saleem is currently moderating all the technical sections. They all are doing a great job and I am very thankful them. Because of overall moderation assignment, I have split moderators in Super Moderator and Moderators. Supermods might also get portion of Admin rights over coming years. I have a plan for that but nothing set in stone.
      Like always, please provide your feedback and let me know what else should be done/ undone.
      Thanks.
    • By UmarMakhzumi
      All,
      Starting today, I would be experimenting with some advertisement options on the forum. That would include making ads visible to guests (non-registered members) only. It would also help me estimate the amount this site can pay for itself. Right now, the estimated projections are very low in-terms of revenue (5-10% max of yearly budget). Members would always see a clean forum (no ads).  Guests, however would be subjected to Ads.
      Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.
      Thanks.

• By UmarMakhzumi
      Hello Everyone,
      Here is a list of new features in the upcoming update:
      Updates to Editor ( @EngrUzair might like this one )
      Fluid Forum View ( @Rana check this out)
      Reactions
      Recommended Replies (Moderator Related Stuff)
      Content Messages (Moderator Related Stuff)
      Leaderboard Enhancement
      Richer Embeds
      Forcing Members to Complete Profile
      Improvements to Social Sign In
      Clubs  (Clubs will allow forum members to create their own groups in the forum and discuss things other than structural engineering)
      I am very excited about all these improvements. Stay tuned for more. This update is expected to roll out in summer.
      Thanks.