Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yaseen Ali Shah

Question About Selling Pec Number

3 posts in this topic

IMO, the only legal way to use your PEC number is to get employment by a firm and physically work for it, so that you could get the works executed as per standard engineering practice.

According to my understanding, 'Selling your PEC number to a firm' means to indicate that you physically work for a firm, BUT ACTUALLY YOU DO NOT, and get paid for it. This action has following implications.

Firstly, it is constitutes a lie that you work for the firm (whereas you actually do not).

Secondly, by doing so, you indirectly certify (or the firm wrongly poses) that you are supervising the engineering works executed by the firm (although your are not) as required by PEC, and thus you are responsible for all wrong doings and defects in engineering works executed, for which your PEC number is being used.

And, none of the above , is legal.

Regards.

Uzair is right.. It is probably the worst thing that you can do as a professional.

Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By BAZ
      A two hour session will be held in the Wah campus of CIIT. The attendees will receive a certificate which can be helpful for engineers in matters of PEC-registration. 
      The speaker will be discussing the topic of performance-based design and evaluation of tall buildings. It is good opportunity for structural engineers to equip themselves with recent advancements regarding the structural analysis and design of tall buildings.
      The speaker, Dr. NAVEED ANWAR, who is executive director at AIT Solutions, is not only a Structural engineer, but also has been actively involved in software-development of CSI products such as ETABS, SAP2000 and CsiCol.
      Please find the brochure in the attachment for further details.
      CPD_Dr Naveed_1.pdf
    • By zebi
      I am going to be graduated civil engineer and  my chinese university is not registered with PEC because they don't visit many university in the world. I asked many times PEC authorities that either they can help me to solve thus issue or not! They always don't guide me or answer me perfectly. How about if i do master degree from a PEC accredited university so still i need to be registered with PEC or not?
      After related to civil engineering for a long period and mastering in any subject would i be still facing this problem?
      I know a lot of foreign graduates much batter at civil engineering and programming  but how they can be able to practice in Pakistan.
      If some one know any other way to guide me, I'll really appreciate
      Regards
      Zebi