Anique Mansab

Registeration Of Designing Firm

3 posts in this topic

Hello guys i have two questions
1) Does PEC recognize 1 yr of uk masters (Msc structural engineering ...taught program)
2) what are the requirements ' which make an engineer eligible to open and register his own design firm..

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1) I dont think there is such an issue

2) Not sure about that but getting registered with PEC is obviously the first thing.


Lets wait for other members to reply. I am also interested in this information.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



1. Registration with Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), as a 'Consulting Engineer' (either as a firm or as an individual), is based primarily on following pre-requisites:


a. Valid registration as a 'Registered Engineer' with PEC

  (Freshly graduated engineers, with a B.Sc. Engg degree, are accepted as 'Registered Engineer' by PEC)


b. Valid membership with PEC, as a 'Professional Engineer (PE)' with PEC

  (Requires a minimum of 5 years of practical experience in relevant field, after being enlisted as 'Registered Engineer', and passing of Engineers' Professional Exam  (EPE), conducted by PEC)


c. Completion of at least 16.0 CPD credit points


As such, having done masters in 1 yr, should not be a problem, for registering with PEC, provided your BS Engg degree is acceptable.


2. Please see the following links for knowing the relevant rules & requirements, and downloading application forms etc.:


a. Registration Procedure For Consulting Engineers



b. PEC Consulting Bye-Laws 



c. PEC Registration Forms, for 'Registered', 'Professional' and 'Consulting Engineers





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By zebi
      I am going to be graduated civil engineer and  my chinese university is not registered with PEC because they don't visit many university in the world. I asked many times PEC authorities that either they can help me to solve thus issue or not! They always don't guide me or answer me perfectly. How about if i do master degree from a PEC accredited university so still i need to be registered with PEC or not?
      After related to civil engineering for a long period and mastering in any subject would i be still facing this problem?
      I know a lot of foreign graduates much batter at civil engineering and programming  but how they can be able to practice in Pakistan.
      If some one know any other way to guide me, I'll really appreciate
    • By Yaseen Ali Shah
      I had heard that many firms are offering the money about selling PEC number my question is,is it legal?