Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Architect

Slab Reinforcement with Inverted Beams.

3 posts in this topic

Can the slab bottom reinforcement pass below inverted beam bottom reinforcement?
Otherwise the slab bottom reinforcement mesh will be lifted up atleast 2.5", thus reducing the design effective depth.

images.jpg

Edited by The Architect
clarification

In regular non inverted beams, the negative steel of slab rests on the upper portion of beam which is in compression and hence fully available for end bearing load of slab.

But in inverted beams, this negative steel rests on the lower portion of beam which is in tension (in middle span) and hence will be having flexural cracks (though up to minor crack widths), I m amazed if this cracking affects the bearing strength in any way.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By BAZ
      I noticed this incorrect framing of the floor in  the workshop of Azim (Suzuki) motors

• By Saad Pervez
      Concrete on the building exterior treated to an exterior finish e.g. paint is classified as concrete exposed to weather or not?
      I am facing this problem in placing the reinforcement, the exterior will be painted and weather protected, should I follow the cover requirements of concrete exposed to weather or not?
    • By Abdul Wahab Safdar
      AoA everyone !

I want to know that is there any minimum & maximum reinforcement ratios for section of Raft footing ? Any Code or Reference. 
      Also if you can provide your steel quantity consumed to Rraft concrete quantity ratios.
      Regards